I found a great Thanksgiving gift idea for my son’s preschool teachers this year on Organized Christmas. I am going to make them Thanksgiving Blessing Mix. The recipe and printable gift tags are available on Organized Christmas.
- Bugles: Shaped like a cornucopia or Horn of Plenty, a symbole of our nation’s abundance.
- Pretzels: Arms folded in prayer, a freedom sought by those who founded our country.
- Candy Corn: The sacrifices of the Pilgrims’ first winter. Food was so scarce that settlers survived on just a few kernels of corn a day.
- Nuts or seeds: promise of a future harvest, one we will reap only if seeds are planted and tended with diligence.
- Dried fruits: Harvest gifts from our bountiful land.
- M&M’s: Memories of those who came before us to lead us into a blessed future.
- Hershey’s Kiss: The love of family and friends that sweetens our lives.